We recognise that visitors, users, members and others (collectively or individually “Users”) who enter, use and/or visit www.hellomagazinethailand.com (collectively, including all content available on or through our websites, to be collectively referred to as the “Website”) value their privacy.
Information We Receive
Information you provide to us: Personal information. When you sign up for www.hellomagazinethailand.com you provide us with your username, email, occupation, birth date, gender and location. Once you register your profile at any time, you may start your interactive activities on www.hellomagazinethailand.com
Content. One of the primary reasons people use www.hellomagazinethailand.com is to share content with others. Examples include share a link or make a comment. If you do not want us to store metadata associated with content you share on www.hellomagazinethailand.com (such as photos), please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
Transactional Information. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on www.hellomagazinethailand.com. However, we will only keep your payment source account number with your consent.
Location Information. When you share your location with others or add a location to something you post, we treat that like any other content you post (for example, it is subject to your privacy settings). If we offer a service that supports this type of location sharing we will present you with an opt-in choice of whether you want to participate.
Information we collect when you interact with www.hellomagazinethailand.com:
Site activity information. We keep track of the actions you take on Augustman.com, such as becoming a fan of a www.hellomagazinethailand.com. Page or indicating you “like” a post. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you share a video, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we might log the fact you shared it.
Access Device and Browser Information. When you access www.hellomagazinethailand.com from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
Cookie Information. We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make www.hellomagazinethailand.com easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Augustman.com. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to www.hellomagazinethailand.com . We also use them to confirm that you are logged into www.hellomagazinethailand.com, and to know when you are interacting with www.hellomagazinethailand.com. Platform applications and websites, our widgets and Share buttons, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use www.hellomagazinethailand.com.
Information we receive from third parties:
1. Information from other websites.
We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us:
- We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn’t see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements you see.
- We may receive information about whether or not you’ve seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
If in any of these cases we receive data that we do not already have, we will “anonymize” it within 180 days, meaning we will stop associating the information with any particular user. If we institute these programs, we will only use the information in the ways we explain in the “How We Use Your Information” section below.
2. Information You Share With Third Parties
We take steps to ensure that others use information that you share on www.hellomagazinethailand.com in a manner consistent with your privacy settings, but we cannot guarantee that they will follow our rules. Read the following section to learn more about how you can protect yourself when you share information with third parties.
Sharing information on www.hellomagazinethailand.com. You should review the settings to make sure they reflect your preferences. Here are some specific things to remember:
- You can control the visibility of most of the information you share on www.hellomagazinethailand.com
- Some of the content you share and the actions you take will show up on your facebook home page.
- You understand that information might be re-shared or copied by other users.
- Certain types of communications that you send www.hellomagazinethailand.comcannot be removed, such as comments.
- If you use an external source to publish information to www.hellomagazinethailand.com (such as a mobile application or a Connect site), you should check the privacy setting for that post, as it is set by that external source.
Exporting Information. You (and those you make your information available to) may use tools like RSS feeds, mobile phone address books, or copy and paste functions, to capture and export information from www.hellomagazinethailand.com, including your information and information about you.
Advertisements. Sometimes the advertisers who present ads on www.hellomagazinethailand.comuse technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks.
Links. When you click on links on www.hellomagazinethailand.comyou may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
To manage the service. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. For example, we ask for your date of birth to verify that you are over age 13 and so that we can better limit your access to content and advertisements that
are not age appropriate. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
To contact you. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates on your account notifications page. We may include content you see on www.hellomagazinethailand.comin the emails we send to you.
To serve personalized advertising to you. We don’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. (An example of consent would be if you asked us to provide your shipping address to an advertiser to receive a free sample.) We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we might use your interest in soccer to show you ads for soccer equipment, but we do not tell the soccer equipment company who you are. Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
To serve social ads. We occasionally pair advertisements we serve with relevant information we have about you and your friends to make advertisements more interesting and more tailored to you and your friends.
Downloadable Software. Certain downloadable software applications and applets that we offer, such as our browser toolbars transmit data to us. We may not make a formal disclosure if we believe our collection of and use of the information is the obvious purpose of the application, such as the fact that we receive photos when you use our photo uploader. If we believe it is not obvious that we are collecting or using such information, we will make a disclosure to you the first time you provide the information to us so that you can decide whether you want to use that feature.
5. How We Share Information www.hellomagazinethailand.comis about sharing information with others – friends and people in your networks – while providing you with privacy settings that you can use to restrict other users from accessing your information. We share your information with third parties when we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so.
6. How You Can Change, or Remove Information
Deactivating or deleting your account: If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it or delete it. When you deactivate an account, no user will be able to see it, but it will not be deleted. We save your profile information (friends, photos, interests, etc.) in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Many users deactivate their accounts for temporary reasons and in doing so are asking us to maintain their information until they return to www.hellomagazinethailand.comYou will still have the ability to reactivate your account and restore your profile in its entirety. When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted. You should only delete your account if you are certain you never want to reactivate it. You may deactivate your account on your account settings page or delete your account.
Limitations on removal: Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. However, your name will no longer be associated with that information on www.prestigeonline.com. (For example, if you post something to another user’s profile, and then you delete your account, that post may remain, but be attributed to an “Anonymous www.hellomagazinethailand.comUser.”) Additionally, we may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested.
Backup copies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 90 days, but will not be available to others.
7. How We Protect Information
We do our best to keep your information secure, but we need your help. For more detailed information about staying safe on www.hellomagazinethailand.com, visit the www.hellomagazinethailand.comSecurity Page.
8. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on www.hellomagazinethailand.com, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (“IP content”), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with www.hellomagazinethailand.com (“IP License”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about www.hellomagazinethailand.com, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Safety. We do our best to keep Augustman.com safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on www.hellomagazinethailand.com.
2. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access www.hellomagazinethailand.com, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on www.hellomagazinethailand.com
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on www.hellomagazinethailand.comwithout our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws.
10. You will not use www.hellomagazinethailand.comto do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of www.hellomagazinethailand.com, such as a denial of service attack.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and Account Security www.hellomagazinethailand.com users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on www.hellomagazinethailand.com, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
3. You will not use www.hellomagazinethailand.comif you are under 13.
4. You will not use www.hellomagazinethailand.comif you are a convicted sex offender.
5. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
6. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
7. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
8. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting Other People’s Rights. We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on www.hellomagazinethailand.comthat infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on www.hellomagazinethailand.comif we believe that it violates this Statement.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including www.hellomagazinethailand.com, HELLOTH), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
7. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on www.hellomagazinethailand.com
8. You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
Editorial items appearing in www.hellomagazinethailand.comthat were originally published by the Prestige team in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong, and are the copyright property of Burda Asia.
10. Other Terms